September 2, 2018 - September 8, 2018
1. Are you ready to take your time back with a meal plan that actually works? Yeah, ya are! Get my FREE Weekly Meal Plan Worksheet here for helping making a flexible and realistic meal plan for you and your family!
2. I tried a Mr. Goodbar for the first time this week, and I really enjoyed it! It's like a Snickers without the caramel, and it's SO MUCH BETTER!
3. I enjoyed Ocean's 8 so much I watched it two nights in a row! And, let's be honest here, it took me two times to watch it to catch most of what was happening—I liked how intricate the plot was!
4. Taxi, Taxi has been stuck in my head all week!
August 26, 2018 - September 1, 2018
2. 'Tis better to use pruning sheers to eliminate the neighbor's overgrown garden that has worked its way in and out of the slats of your fence than to use a weed-eater.
3. I enjoy many episodes of the Star Trek world, but one of my favorites is from Star Trek: The Next Generation—S2:E9 "The Measure of a Man". It is available to watch right now on Netflix, and I highly recommend it. I think it is a beautiful portrait of equality.
August 19, 2018 - August 25, 2018
1. I'm so excited to see such a wonderful health system, Saint Francis, continue to expand and grow in new parts of the county!
2. It's amazing how unique everyone's perspective is regarding a singular event.
3. I love to open the windows on cooler, breezy days, but what's with the teeny tiny gray jumpy bugs that invade as soon as I open the windows??? Make it stop!
August 12, 2018 - August 18, 2018
1. Looking for a great new podcast to listen to? Look no further than Christine Hebert's Eating with Grace Podcast. I was even featured on this week's episode about college transitions and fearing the freshman 15! Christine is a registered dietitian and manages the faith-based practice Nutritious Notions.
2. PSA: The "Order Pickup" and "Registry" counter at Target is not where you stand in line to pick up your order. The line you stand in to pick up your order is the "Exchanges and Returns" line. Obviously, I was a moron for not knowing this. Thank you, Target, for helping me realize the error of my ways and teaching me this lesson by making me wait in a fake line WITH OTHER PEOPLE for ten minutes. Apparently, there's a whole group of us morons out there that don't know how to interpret words on signs... ?
3. I'm now an in-network provider with Aetna insurance! Woo hoo!
August 5, 2018 - August 11, 2018
1. What a wonderful week for my family!! My sister gave birth to a baby girl, and we're all in love!
2. Why is it that when the McDonald's drive-thru guy asks if I want ketchup and I say yes that it never makes it into the bag???
3. I laugh every time I hear this song. "DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!"
Hi there! I'm Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza.
I'm a small town Oklahoma eating disorder dietitian with a passion for enjoying life. I love Disneyland, Smarties, and sharing time with family. My mission? To help individuals enjoy their lives and thrive by making peace with food and trusting their bodies!