August 12, 2018 - August 18, 2018
1. Looking for a great new podcast to listen to? Look no further than Christine Hebert's Eating with Grace Podcast. I was even featured on this week's episode about college transitions and fearing the freshman 15! Christine is a registered dietitian and manages the faith-based practice Nutritious Notions.
2. PSA: The "Order Pickup" and "Registry" counter at Target is not where you stand in line to pick up your order. The line you stand in to pick up your order is the "Exchanges and Returns" line. Obviously, I was a moron for not knowing this. Thank you, Target, for helping me realize the error of my ways and teaching me this lesson by making me wait in a fake line WITH OTHER PEOPLE for ten minutes. Apparently, there's a whole group of us morons out there that don't know how to interpret words on signs... ?
3. I'm now an in-network provider with Aetna insurance! Woo hoo!
4. New favorite jeans: Levi's 505 Straight Leg.
5. For the past four years I've kept pretty much the same basic dance uniform for my tap classes: a leotard and tights. Sometimes the leotard has been blue, and sometimes it has been black. Sometimes the tights have been tan, sometimes they have been black. At some point along the way, I decided I wanted to jazz it up a bit, and so I asked my friend, Tybie, to make me some razzle sequin skirts. This year, though, I've decided to make an official change. I will no longer be wearing tights that cut into my tummy no matter how big of a size I get (the most recent size I bought were 2XL) and nearly always give me indigestion. NO MORE! I am not going to spend time doing the activity I love in clothes that are no longer comfortable for or supportive of my here-and-now body. I'm upgrading to some "activewear" pants and a tank! (Also, I think Chloe Arnold is cool, and that's what she wears to do her tappin'!)
6. Additional PSA: Drysdales is no longer Drysdales. They have been bought out by a store called Boot Barn.
7. Did you know a muffuletta is a sandwich? I had to look it up to be sure, but it is!
8. Even though I'm not headed back to school, I still find myself drawn toward the school supplies aisle in stores.
9. If you haven't had the chance to play it already, Overcooked 2 is fantastic!
... and that's my week Nine Points Past Sunday!
What points would you include from your week???
Hi there! I'm Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza.
I'm a small town Oklahoma dietitian with a passion for enjoying life. I love Disneyland, Smarties, and sharing time with family. My mission? To help individuals enjoy their lives by making peace with food and trusting their bodies!