Do you ever feel like it's impossible to accept your body as it is right now? Maybe you just can't wrap your head around how it can be so wonderful when you're struggling with X, Y, or Z issue. Well, I've been in that boat before, and believe me, it wasn't always smooth sailing. I thought I was damaged from stress and anxiety, and I was really unable to accept my body when I felt perpetually overwhelmed. In this post, though, I hope to share something that not only helped me better manage stress and anxiety but actually helped me foster a more loving relationship with my body as well. I'm excited to share with you exactly what holy yoga taught me about body acceptance!
let me set the scene
During summer of last year, I began going to a holy yoga class each week. I'd never taken a yoga class before, but I wanted to try something new that I heard could help with stress and anxiety. I was a wreck more often than I'd like to admit, and I knew I was ready to add some restorative movement into my regimen.
So, I downloaded a free app called MINDBODY, typed in my information, and it generated a list of nearby classes and schedules. All I had to do was book the studio, day, and time, and then I filled out all of the paperwork (re: a waiver) right from my phone. The fact that I stumbled upon a holy yoga class (I didn't even know it was a thing) was fantastic!
September 30, 2018 - October 6, 2018
1. I think I'm really over this idea of "normal". It seems to be just a dumb social construct designed to keep people busy and make them feel bad about themselves.
2. Our bodies change--just like the seasons.
3. Here's a little ditty from the Golden Girls to perk up your day!
September 23, 2018 - September 29, 2018
1. My number one barrier to being kind??? Being overly hungry.
2. Emotions are not bad. However, when emotions are felt intensely many times during the day for multiple days in a row, I need a break. Or... a breakdown.
3. I love how they wrote Clair's character to be both strong and respectful. She didn't make space for ignorance, and she shared what you needed to know to step out of it!
September 16, 2018 - september 22, 2018
1. I believe I've found my newest passion in the craft world!!!
2. When it's raining cats and dogs and you make it all the way down to your car without your water bottle. *face palm* Did I go back and get it? Sure! Did I get even more soaked than before? Of course! Was it worth it? Obviously—I have a limited supply of Nalgene water bottles and couldn't leave this one behind at the office over the weekend!
3. I think I'm an intuitive hobbyist. For many years now, I'll go in phases of practicing my various hobbies: crochet, embroidery, cross-stitch, drawing, sewing, quilting, making pot holders on a loom. When I start to get fatigued of one of my hobbies, I'll transition to the next one. In college, I operated a crochet business, and I learned the hard way if I don't rotate through my hobbies that I get burnt out. It shocked me at how many people tried to place orders for special-made products they needed less than 24 hours later!
September 9, 2018 - September 15, 2018
1. I'm quite familiar with the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right", but how come in algebra two negatives multiplied together make a positive???
2. It's nice when pants at the store are marked 30% off but ring up as 50%. SURPRISE DISCOUNT!!
3. Ragweed is the enemy.
Hi there! I'm Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza.
I'm a small town Oklahoma eating disorder dietitian with a passion for enjoying life. I love Disneyland, Smarties, and sharing time with family. My mission? To help individuals enjoy their lives and thrive by making peace with food and trusting their bodies!