August 19, 2018 - August 25, 2018
1. I'm so excited to see such a wonderful health system, Saint Francis, continue to expand and grow in new parts of the county!
2. It's amazing how unique everyone's perspective is regarding a singular event.
3. I love to open the windows on cooler, breezy days, but what's with the teeny tiny gray jumpy bugs that invade as soon as I open the windows??? Make it stop!
August 12, 2018 - August 18, 2018
1. Looking for a great new podcast to listen to? Look no further than Christine Hebert's Eating with Grace Podcast. I was even featured on this week's episode about college transitions and fearing the freshman 15! Christine is a registered dietitian and manages the faith-based practice Nutritious Notions.
2. PSA: The "Order Pickup" and "Registry" counter at Target is not where you stand in line to pick up your order. The line you stand in to pick up your order is the "Exchanges and Returns" line. Obviously, I was a moron for not knowing this. Thank you, Target, for helping me realize the error of my ways and teaching me this lesson by making me wait in a fake line WITH OTHER PEOPLE for ten minutes. Apparently, there's a whole group of us morons out there that don't know how to interpret words on signs... ?
3. I'm now an in-network provider with Aetna insurance! Woo hoo!
August 5, 2018 - August 11, 2018
1. What a wonderful week for my family!! My sister gave birth to a baby girl, and we're all in love!
2. Why is it that when the McDonald's drive-thru guy asks if I want ketchup and I say yes that it never makes it into the bag???
3. I laugh every time I hear this song. "DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!"
July 29, 2018 - August 4, 2018
1. I'm loving the OPI Peru collection!!!
2. It is perfectly alright (and natural!) for a woman's body to go through changes EVEN IF SHE ISN'T PREGNANT.
3. If analogies are a life skill, then I think I must be getting up there close to "Expert Level"... I had a rather profound realization about Harry Potter and Intuitive Eating earlier this week! (Check it out here!)
harry potter and intuitive eating
So yesterday, July 31st, was Harry Potter's birthday. In the midst of celebrating in my own special way (lapel pins and hair bows), I had a profound realization: if you can relate to Harry Potter, you can relate to Intuitive Eating.
That being said—if Harry Potter isn't your thing, this might not be the post for you. If it is your thing, though, keep on readin', my friend to learn about the parallels between Harry Potter and Intuitive Eating!
Diet culture is just like you-know-who
If you have a hard time getting a firm grasp on Intuitive Eating, that's okay. It's not something we're taught (listen to my body? trust what it's telling me?), and frankly, the diet culture message is much louder within society... for now. That's where this Harry Potter analogy comes in, though!
Think about it, diet culture is something that generates fear about our bodies and the "what if" but promises great power and control over your body. Sound familiar? Sure it does! He-who-must-not-be-named has the same MO—scare everyone to pieces but entice you with an illusion of power and the falsehood of control. Pretty crappy outcome, yeah? We invest our valuable time, money, and effort into products and plans that promise to flush the fat and suppress the appetite, but what's really happening is we're fueling the fire that is the $63 billion+ diet industry. Who was he-who-must-not-be-named without his followers, the Death Eaters? No one. He wouldn't have had that power if so many hadn't given it right to him.
Hi there! I'm Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza.
I'm a small town Oklahoma dietitian with a passion for enjoying life. I love Disneyland, Smarties, and sharing time with family. My mission? To help individuals enjoy their lives by making peace with food and trusting their bodies!