July 22, 2018 - July 28, 2018
1. Update from last week's toeless frog incident: He's still alive, and now he lives in a hole he dug out underneath the splash guard thing for the water from the down spout on the guttering. His name is Terrence.
2. Two questions about no-bake cookies: 1) do you put pecans or any other kind of nuts in yours? 2) do you use quick one-minute oats or old fashioned rolled oats?
3. I mean, it's a little dramatic, but these are some of the worst moons to get in Super Mario Odyssey:
July 15, 2018 - July 21, 2018
1. What's on the top of your list of things you don't want to hit while weed-eating??? Frogs and snakes are at the top of mine, and unfortunately I hit a frog this week while weed-eating. I screamed and ran crazy through the yard, and my neighbor and César came to check on me, and then César went to inspect the frog. I'm happy to report the frog is alive and appears to only (only?!) be missing a toe.
2. The song of the week:
July 8, 2018 - July 14, 2018
1. You might notice some updates to blog headers and my Instagram feed—don't worry, though! It will be the same, great content, but there will be more uniformity in styling!
2. Saturday the 14th was the big Hallmark Keepsake Ornament premier, and instead of going to the morning opening at the local store, César and I went to the special midnight premier! Woo-hoo! We were the second ones in line at 11:30 pm or so, and we got what we needed five minutes after they opened the door, but we had to wait in line for FORTY MINUTES to pay!
Bonus Fun Fact: This was mine and César's first midnight premier of any kind! We've never been to a movie premier or a book release, but we sure as heck made it out for ornaments! Have YOU been to midnight premier?
3. I was completely underwhelmed by the 1960 version of Ocean's 11. You?
4. I wore a Pizza Planet shirt earlier this week, and I had multiple people ask me what is was from. How can they NOT know it's from Toy Story?!
5. I believe this is what they call "the dog days of summer". I mean, 89°F with a 113°F heat index?! Gross!
6. I had a conversation with my Dad earlier this week about summer heat and humidity. I asked him if it was this hot and humid when I was little because I just don't remember heat like this. He laughed and said yes, it was this hot and humid when I was little. It's funny to me what we remember and don't remember from growing up. Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon before?
7. Do you have a favorite game piece in Monopoly? Mine's the thimble!
8. My electronic health record, Practice Better, just published its free app for phones! I'm so excited because now, all of my clients can utilize all of the program's benefits right from their phone!
9. Do you prefer to wrap presents or place them in bags with tissue paper??? I love to wrap 'em (with the help of my two kitties, of course)!
... and that's my week Nine Points Past Sunday!
What points would you include from your week?
This page contains referral links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
July 1, 2018 - July 7, 2018
1. So, if you haven't figured it out by now... I enjoy playing Nintendo games. And I really like Super Mario Odyssey, BUT! I am not a fan of those Koopa races. Anyone else with me on this one??? Here's the suggested shortcut to the race I'm trying to win right now:
Tell me, how am I supposed to do that?! I'm definitely going to have to develop my Mario free-running skills!
2. It would seem there is a VERY important difference between asking an insurance company if a diagnostic code is COVERED versus whether it is ALLOWED. The semantics of dealing with insurance is ridiculous.
3. I watched Swiss Family Robinson for the first time this week, and I must say, I have some serious doubts about animal welfare on the set of that movie. Have you seen it? What do YOU think???
Hi there! I'm Sydney Cavero-Egúsquiza.
I'm a small town Oklahoma eating disorder dietitian with a passion for enjoying life. I love Disneyland, Smarties, and sharing time with family. My mission? To help individuals enjoy their lives and thrive by making peace with food and trusting their bodies!